The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Catching the Sun

Pin It
"Catching the Sun"
Oil, 11" x 14"
Click here to purchase.

Yesterday was the first of my sixteen Monday Open Studio workshops for 2014. We painted flowers and had a blast! The day started with a visit by yours truly to the Los Angeles Flower Mart. 


I bought lots of flowers for my students to arrange and paint! We painted sunflowers, tulips and irises. What a great day. All of my Open Studios have a different theme so if you want to know more about my Monday Open Studios, click here.

The painting shown above was my demo. I loved that we were able to paint flowers and glass in the class. My next class is all about painting glass!

Here is one of the paintings completed in the class. I think it was her first time painting flowers!


Check out my new remodel blog for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. I am now teaching workshops at the beach. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails