The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Eleven

Pin It
"Sunlit Coast"
Oil, 6" x 6"
NFS.

It's 10:30 pm and I just arrived home. I left the house at 7:15 for a dr. appt, then drove to Ventura and spent 5 hours getting the house ready for our first "guest renter" next week. Then I drove to Pepperdine to meet my husband and son to watch my other son Michael's first in-season volleyball game. And now I am home. And I have too many things to do. Ugh.

I know what you are thinking ... be quiet and quit complaining. So I will. Stop. Now. 

The weekend is here and I am going to try really hard to catch up. I doubt I will actually get caught up but I need to make a huge dent in my to do list. I need this weekend to be a ten day weekend so I can get caught up.

On Sunday I am making a presentation to 40 artists at the California Art Club. The topic is writing an artists statement and ways to improve your art website. I am really looking forward to it! But I need to prepare a Powerpoint presentation tomorrow. And I need to paint two paintings. And I need to put together two proposals for clients for large commissions. And I need to ship a bunch of stuff. I think it is time I hire an intern. And I am not kidding.

Oops there I go again. Sorry. No more complaining. 

I start teaching next week and still have some openings in a few of my workshop. Feel free to email me if you are interested!
My upcoming workshops:
Jan 14 - 16 - Palette Knife Painting, South Pasadena, CA
Jan 20 - Building a website in a Day, Ventura, CA
Feb 3 - 5, Painting in Paradise at the Beach, Ventura, CA
Feb 10 - 12, Palette Knife Painting, Atlanta, GA


Check out the website for our new beach house in Ventura, Ca. I am now teaching workshops at the beach and renting out the house. Come stay and paint with me! I have workshops scheduled in the next twelve months in South Pasadena, Ventura Beach, Newport Beach, Charlotte, NC, and Atlanta, Ga. Click here for more information!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails