The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

30 in 30 - Day Twenty-Eight - SOLD

Pin It
My Favorite Things - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
"Skinny Carmel Macchiato", Oil, 6" x 6"
$200.00 with display easel.
Sold.

Starbucks is one of my favorite things. I love their coffee. And I love the whole experience of walking inside the store, smelling the aroma of delicious coffee beans and the "always cheerful barristas". The concept just works. Every time.

I have been a Starbucks fan for a very long time. In fact, I was the first person (of all of my friends) to get a latte/espresso machine. Most of my friends thought I was obsessed with my preference of lattes over an "ordinary and boring cup of coffee". And everyone knew about my obsession with Starbucks. When we got married, Dave and I received 14 coffee grinders as gifts. I have five Christmas ornaments of either a Starbucks latte machine or coffee cup that have been hostess gifts we have received over the years. 

So I couldn't imagine going through an entire month of highlighting my favorite things without painting a Starbucks cup. I thought about painting a red one, which is my favorite, but I think that will be for another time.  We painted these at "Monday Night Studio" in the Carriage House today which is gradually becoming "Monday Afternoon and Night" at the Carriage House. When you are having fun it's just too hard to stop painting!

As I mentioned, I have two spots in my Atlanta workshop as there were some last minute cancels. The workshop is February 11 - 13 and includes a home cooked gourmet dinner by yours truly! Follow this link for more information. To register, just email me.

I also added a workshop in Indianapolis on March 26th and 27th. It's through Renaissance Fine Art and Kathleen O'Neil Stevens is awesome! This will be my first time teaching a workshop in this part of the country and my only chance this year so if you are interested, please don't delay to sign up. Click here for more information. 


Enjoy these last couple of days. We are almost done and it may seem that the Challenge is coming to an end. But really, we are all just beginning. I promise!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

1 comment:

Jo Mackenzie said...

I did the web-in arts class this month while painting the 30 paintings. I don't know about other folks but I just paint a lot. What surprised me was that rather than painting worse this month because I was doing two things at once I painted better and even had a break through in my peony paintings. I think the web-in arts class made my brain more active in the problem solving mode and that showed up in my work. Quite the welcome surprise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails