The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

30 in 30 - Day Eight

Pin It
My Favorite Things - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
"Hawaiian Morning", Oil, 6" x 6"
Click here for purchase information

Things are starting to get a little busy around here. I have a one day workshop this Thursday and I am teaching a three day workshop early next week. I still have aprons to embroider and packets of materials to print. Not to mention I really want to spend some time organizing the Carriage House. I am not sure if I can all of this done but I am going to try! And then there is daily painting thing too ...
The good news is most of these commitments involve painting! I know while I am teaching I will have the chance to paint so I am thankful I don't have to stress about that. It's funny but it seems that my day is now centered around "when am I going to paint?". I am much more focused on painting and feel a HUGE sign of relief when I have finished my daily painting. So what are the chances that this is actually going to become a habit? Is 30 days in a row enough?

This week's Artists Helping Artists radio show has been specifically planned for all of you. Our guest is Lisa Daria Kennedy. Lisa has been painting one painting a day and is on number 1325. Yes, she has completed ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE paintings. Every day.
On Thursday's show I promise to ask her every tip and secret she has discovered in the last four years. We will discuss all of her experiences and any wonderful suggestions she has to help us get through our 30 days.
Seriously? 1325? And we are on Day Eight? Hmmm ... I guess its a bit humbling ...
Don't miss the show as I think it is going to be great!




Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails