The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Waiting For the Holidays

Pin It
"Waiting For the Holidays"
Oil, 6" x 6" on museum quality canvas panel
$200.00
Click here to purchase painting.

One of the things about teaching workshops is we forget how much they benefit the teacher. We all know that painting is the best way to improve your skills. But teaching students is so much better! In my workshops I spend a lot of time at the easels of my students. It's my job to teach them "the process" and the steps they need to follow to create a great painting. We spend a lot of time with color mixing, values and temperature. With 10 students, I can estimate I get at least 70 opportunities to help my students, at their easels, improve their paintings per day. What most of us forget is every time I do this I am learning too!
I just spent three of the last four weeks teaching workshops and I am thrilled with the results ... my students progress, their finished paintings and even my demo paintings! I am so excited about how much I learned over these past few weeks and am noticing it at my easel already. Yippee!
The painting above is one of my demos on the first day of my Newport Beach Four Day workshop that was held last week. I figured it was time to get in the mood for the holidays. If you follow my blog, you might recognize this painting from a blog post last week about photographing still life.
And here are a few more pictures ... check out the amazing paintings created in the workshop!

 
 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Check out my upcoming palette knife painting workshops at http://www.saetastudio.com/Leslie_Saeta_fine_Art/Workshops.html.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails