The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Amherst Bound - SOLD

Pin It
"Amherst Bound"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
Sold. 
Some of you might think I jumped the gun a bit last night when I "moved into my studio" before construction is completed. Fortunately I do not need an "occupancy permit" or else I know I would be in trouble. The front carriage doors are "still to be built" and hopefully that will happen this weekend.  But looking out my kitchen window yesterday afternoon I just couldn't resist. So I started the trek to the the third floor to get all of my painting supplies and "moved in" to the studio. Fortunately Mackenzie, my intern, was here to help with the heavy lifting.
This painting is a piece from my "college and university" collections and features Amherst College which is located in Massachusetts. Obviously the tower isn't really turquoise, rather the every evening light has created he wonderful palette of colors for this painting. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails