The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Atlanta Workshop - Day Two

Pin It
"Hanging With Friends
Oil, 12" x 12"
Sold.

Day Two of the workshop was my day to "demo". With such an amazing group of artists in attendance, it I knew the chance to discuss limited palettes, color mixing and palette knife paint application would be fun. But I had no idea that this day would be such a personal and rewarding experience for me.
The day was packed ... the paintings from Dreama's demo yesterday were photographedfirst thing and they are displayed below. When you look at this incredible group of paintings, don't forget we had some artists in this group that had painted for only 9 months and others who were attending their first workshop. Dreama's demo was wonderful and our painting method allows the artists the chance to understand not only the "process" but also enjoy the final result!
Here are the paintings from Day One:
After a full day of palette knife painting, we had the group over for another home cooked meal. The food was good (and yes Dreama ... you are a better cook than you think ...). But, the intimate conversation (or fireside chat) was incredible. It's too late to write about it now. I am both fulfilled (and emotionally drained) and so thankful for the opportunity to share tonight with these 24 artists. It's funny though ... as one of the artists commented tonight "Did this workshop start last week ... or was it really only yesterday?".

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bel ensemble de personnalité grâce à vos photos...
Bises

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I was there for your workshop...it sounds like so much fun! The photo of all the workshop paintings together is just so cute....

Jerry Stocks said...

I am a lover of palatte knife paintings. I am certainly no expert but with practice think I will master the technique. You are an excellent teacher, Leslie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails