The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer Reruns ... #3

Pin It
"Dual Reflections"
Oil, 6" x 6" on museum quality panel.
$200 with display easel, $250 framed.
As summer winds down I seem to want to spend more time outside with my boys.  We have had some awesome late summer dinners. The "outdoor kitchen" is still under construction and I think it will be completed within another week or do. Last night we enjoyed grilled pizza and tonight we had ahi and steak ... very fun with wonderful friends! Now that's my idea of a perfect summer night!
This painting is one I finished a while ago and it seemed like the perfect painting to post tonight. I love the colors and reflections ... (big surprise) ... and I am taking a painting workshop this week and I am very excited. It's with Debra Huse and it's about painting boats! It may seem odd that I am taking a workshop to learn how to paint boats, but I figure ... why not? I might as well get better at it! So I am heading down to Balboa for a couple of days with the boys for lots of painting and lots of fun .Gotta enjoy those last few days of summer while we can!

6 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is a beautiful piece, Leslie - but I'm so jealous about your summer dining! And I've been to Debra's gallery in Balboa, and LOVED it - you'll enjoy the workshop because you are so open and fun. I hope you blog about it!

Anonymous said...

Leslie...have a wonderful time at Debra's workshop! looking forward to seeing what you come out with.

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful painting! Have fun at the workshop and hope you post about it! :-)

Unknown said...

Enjoy your workshop,while we'll enjoy the painting "reruns".

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

That is gorgeous! I mean just stunning. I'm in love with your blues in this painting. Terrific!!

Marian Fortunati said...

Say what??????
Oh well... have a grand time, Leslie....
I'm so glad you've been enjoying your time with the boys...


And what is grilled pizza anyway???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails