The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Little Dinghy

Pin It
"A Little Dinghy"
Oil, 8" x 10" on museum quality panel.
$350 with display easel.
Today was the first day of Debra Huse's painting workshop. I am taking her workshop on "painting boats" and I know a lot of you found it funny that I would take a workshop on how to paint boats. Yes ... I am fully aware that I know how to paint boats! But I thought, why not? Doesn't it make sense to try to perfect what you enjoy painting the most?
It was a fun day and I'm not sure why but today I painted very ... loosely. I think I might tighten it up a bit tomorrow and I will paint a sailboat, no more dinghy's. I am getting "a little dinghy" ... painting all of these ...

9 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

I've always loved the boats you paint, and I'm curious to see if you'll change up anything after the workshop? (can't imagine how)...but workshops have a great way of 'stretching' us in surprising ways! Fair winds and following seas!

Gina Brown said...

Love your boats, Leslie... and I am truly enjoying the radio show. Thanks so much for selflessly sharing your marketing knowledge!

TheChieftess said...

I like the loose look!!!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

You definitely know how to paint boats! But that's not why you'd enjoy a workshop with Debra! You learn something every time you paint with someone else - and you will take something away form the workshop. I wonder - will you only do palette knife in her class? Or maybe try some brushwork???? I can't wait to see!

Unknown said...

Looks like you're having fun. "A Little Dinghy" or not, I like it.

Marian Fortunati said...

I like your dinghy dinghy

hmuxo said...

Love this little dinghy! Love the colors and the reflections in the water...well done, Leslie

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Love this painting and love the fact that you are out at a workshop painting..what else..Boats!

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
See you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails