The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stuck Together

Pin It
"Stuck Together"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 with display easel.
The inspirational photo for this painting featured a very gloomy day, so I thought it might be fun to try to change the "mood" and create a very bright and sunny day. It was a fun experiment and I love the red boat. It is so hot in Sacramento that this seemed the right painting to post today. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again I find myself mesmerized with the subtle details...just great!

martinealison said...

Hi,

Gorgeous you bewitch us with your boats and you do the same with the day and the night... Not with your magic wand but with your hands and your knife you tip up in wonder everything...
Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

Marian Fortunati said...

It works!!
I love the colors on the lighter colored boat!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

I still can't believe you use such a limited palette and arrive with such gorgeous color. I am looking forward to my workshop with you--I want to see how you do what you do..:))
Really nice piece!

Clydetta said...

Lovely painting...I was so happy to get mine...the gift wrapping was very nice too!! It seems like Christmas when I am expecting a painting!!! Hope you & Dreama have a wonderful workshop...lucky people to get to attend that!!!

Katie Wilson said...

Leslie hi. (I left a message on your instant chat.) It amazes me the control you have with the knife. I love the contrast of these two boats.

Anonymous said...

Hey...I just realize this was my title for your "Help Me Name This Painting"...I thought it was familiar!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Yes, the red really pops... But this piece shows wonderfully & evenly applied breaks in texture and color, (I would call it brushwork but it's more like palette knife marks?) especially the grassy area... And the various ropes & reflections serve to unite all, I really like it!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love the wonderful lost and found edge work. Beautiful color as usual. The criss crossed ropes lead the eye.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails