The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Trio Waiting

Pin It
"A Trio Waiting"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$250 framed.
Today was one of those days in which I felt productive but didn't get much done. I kept trying to get up to my studio but was dealing with the "aftermath" of the moth infestation (it's a long story ... but a beautiful oriental rug is now in the trash and a "fogger bomb" has fortunately led to the subsequent death of about 1,000 moths ...). My studio is all clean and and back to normal. And no one was poisoned in the process. Except for the moths of course ...
I am still getting ready for the Balboa Artwalk this Sunday. Still need more paintings so maybe I can have another "four painting" day tomorrow? Not likely!


10 comments:

martinealison said...

Quels beaux bateaux avec de si belles couleurs ! Comme dans la chanson : "Maman les petits bateaux qui vont sur l'eau ont-ils des jambes?...mais oui petit nigaud s'ils n'en avaient pas ils n'avanceraient pas..."
J'adore, bonne journée.

Anonymous said...

I wish you a very productive day tomorrow ....have you been following the conversation on FB amongst us fellow "Virtual Art Colony" members? Its a hoot! (get it?)

Anonymous said...

Oh can you paint and host radio program (9:00 tomorrow morning) at same time...you, I bet you could!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Wow, the color in this painting is stunning!

Glad you triumphed over the moths...

Sandra Galda said...

awful moth story! Todays painting is classic you....beautiful work!

Pam Holnback said...

Leslie, How are you taking/displaying wet paintings at the show?

Leslie Saeta said...

Pam - I am going to use Randy Higbee's "floater frames". These frames are priced really well and allow you to "drop in" the painting. I will show them to you on Sunday at the Balboa show but they work great for wet paintings!

Marian Fortunati said...

Well this one is a GREAT start!!
Good luck this weekend!! It should be great weather which will bring the crowds out and put them all in a good mood!! ;o)

Adventures in Art said...

Beautiful Colors! Great job on the reflections.

Leslie Saeta said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I will try to post a photo of this painting framed as I LOVE the new floater frames from Randy Higbee at Art & Frame Co. they are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails