The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In Front of the Golden Gate - SOLD

Pin It
"In Front of the Golden Gate"
Oil, 8" x 10" on canvas panel.
Sold.

I almost decided not to paint today. I spent about six straight hours at the computer earlier today ... uploading photos to Imagekind and Fine Art America, updating my website and facebook, and getting ready for the "Artists Helping Artists" radio show that is tomorrow morning. Not to mention the four calls to Dreama (my artist buddy and radio show co-host and soon to be ... Workshop Co-Leader!) and some organizing of my office. Perhaps I was "procrastinating" ... who knows? But I am glad I forced myself up to the third floor (funny how I make it sound like it is so far 'up to the third floor'). Because I thought this painting would be fun to paint and I really am happy with the way it turned out! I need to figure out a way to paint in the morning (before I get stuck on the computer) and see if I can "paint ahead". Now that's a novel idea, right Dreama?

7 comments:

Nancy Merkle Fine Art said...

I'm glad you made it upstairs! The light on this one is wonderful--makes me want to take a trip south and get out of the Northwest rain.

Margaret said...

If I had a soft spot for that area, I would buy this right now. This is fantastic!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Leslie!! What a masterful painting! This is beautiful on every level...this will not last long--a great subject rendered incredibly well.
Glad you made it all the way to the 3rd floor...:0) It was well worth the trip! "See" you tomorrow on Artists Helping Artists--it's gonna be a good one!!

Susan Roux said...

Composition and color, Wow! Love the blue boats.

Anonymous said...

Leslie...I really like this one...all the boats and the red bridge...just wonderful! talk (or just hear) you on Blog Radio this morning. looking forward to it.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Gorgeous. I love summer and boats on the water anywhere, but near the Golden Gate is quite special. Great job!

beckielboo said...

I think this is my new favorite Leslie painting! And I do love so many of them!
Beckie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails