The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Going It Alone

Pin It


"Going Solo", Oil 6" x 6" on museum quality panel.

$200 unframed.

It is so hard looking at all these finished paintings and not being able to share them with anyone ... yet! I deliver my paintings to the SoPas Gallery on Monday. I will post them on Wednesday, the day the "Headlines" Show opens. I have a few finishing details but I am very close. Thank heavens. It has been a long month!
Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I will jump right back in to painting as I have 10 new beach/boat paintings I heave to finish in the next two weeks. But that's ok, I am excited to start! Just don't make me paint trees anymore ... for a while at least.
If you are an artist I hope you have had a chance to join me for my blog talk radio show. Today we had a great discussion about "creating an insanely popular blog". It's funny how we all focus on improving our websites but forget to step back and take a look at our blogs. We keep adding content and adding "stuff" and before we realize it, our blogs are cluttered! If you missed the show click here and you can listen to the replay. You might also enjoy last week's show about websites. Next Thursday we will discuss newsletters.
So ... the Lakers are playing right now and they are up by six. They are playing well so I hope their "margin of victory" will be high so I can offer a nice discount on my paintings! 

2 comments:

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Leslie--Love this painting. I simple cannot wait to see all that you have been up to in your studio. The secrecy is killing me..:) Loved the blog radio show yesterday. I have gone in and done some housekeeping on my blog after hearing all the great tips from you. I don't know how you manage it all--painting and sharing such great info. Thanks and Big Hugs! Looking forward to meeting you IN PERSON!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Down to the wire girlfriend...two days and counting!!! Yaye for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails