The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Day in Balboa

Pin It
"A Day In Balboa"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas.
Sold.

Now that I am back in town I am deeply committed to finishing the paintings for my "Headlines" show. I have all of the headlines selected (from the South Pasadena Review newspaper in the 1920's, 30's and 40's) and the inspiration photos taken so all I am doing now is painting! I will not post any of the finished paintings until the show opens ... so it will be another month before they are posted here.
I am trying to also complete a daily painting. I am doing a show in Balboa on May 16th so I am trying to complete some small pieces for that show. Be prepared to see lots of boats and coastal scenes this month. It might be a while before you see flowers again!

7 comments:

Linda Popple said...

The colors are beautiful and luscious! I like the subject. The ferris wheel is a nice counterpoint to the angles of the buildings. Nice painting!

Dana Cooper said...

Fun painting Leslie! I see that you are doing the Balboa Art Walk too...so fun!

TheChieftess said...

Very fun!!! Love the colors and happy feelings it evokes!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with all the above...a fun painting indeed!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Awesome piece--subject matter makes me feel like a kid again!..::))

Samarjit Roy said...

painting with the knife... I never knew someone can be so dedicated to it till I saw your blog. The picture is so warm in heart !!!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

I love this painting! Just lovely, the colors, the composition! It's all beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails