The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reflections All in a Row

Pin It
"Reflections All in a Row"
Oil, 6" x 6" on canvas panel.
$200 unframed.

I spent all morning and afternoon painting in my studio. At about 2:00 I went outside to take a picture of my painting and was stunned ... it was 92 degrees. I had no idea! Our house is 94 years old and the old plaster walls serve as a great insulator from the heat. Somehow I had imagined it was a 70ish degree day and I was a bit sad that I had missed an entire lovely and warm day!
Weather aside, I like this painting. The reflections were really fun to paint. I also worked on a wine themed painting that I am going to try to finish tonight. I have lots to do and I am really motivated to finish all of these paintings!
I will be in Temecula this weekend for the plein air paint out at Faulkner Winery. Should be fun ... although I hope the weather cools down a bit!

9 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

Woww Leslie! This is great...You have done great job with reflections! I am waiting for the wine themed painting..:) Well have fun at your weekends...:)

Don Gray said...

Beautiful, Leslie...great color and design. Have fun in Wine Country. We used to live in Murrieta.

Becky Brocato said...

I love this one, Leslie! Reflections are so interesting, and the red gives a great pop of color.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh, love the composition and colors on this one. Nice job!

dacoop said...

Beautiful color Leslie...have fun at the paint out!

norapaints@blogspot.com said...

My favorite part of all your paintings Leslie is the colors. This one didn't disappoint me in the least. Beautiful

Marian Fortunati said...

Have fun, Leslie.. I'm sure your paintings will be a big hit!!

Rochester Painters said...

Simply beautiful! The colors are the most vibrant and the water reflection looks gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Leslie...this is an "eyecatcher!" love the colors and composition..reflections are superb!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails