The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Nice Award

Pin It
Three and a Half Boats, Oil 14" x 11"
Sold.
It seems as if I spent last weekend driving all over town dropping off paintings and picking them up for various exhibitions and shows. One of those organizations is VHAA, the Verdugo Hills Art Association. I really like this organization and I think their monthly demonstrations are really great. Anyway, I dropped off this painting for their Spring Show and boy was I surprised when I picked it up and they told me I had won second prize!
The painting will be on display May 3 - 30th at the La Canada library. Although you have seen this painting before I wanted to post it again!

12 comments:

RUDHI RĂ¼scher said...

You don't use much YELLOW I see, but your knife-work is brilliant to me, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leslie, well done! r.

Marian Fortunati said...

Congratulations, Leslie.... I know you've been going beyond beyond beyond with all of your family and art responsibilities.... It's really great to get an "atta boy" once in a while isn't it!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm going to try to make it over to VIVA to see the work there.. (It's closer.) Be well.

Karen said...

Well deserved!! Congratulations!!

Leslie Saeta said...

Rudhi - You are right. Although yellow is one of the five colors I use to mix in my palette. The green and red certainly have yellow but maybe I need to use more!

Leslie Saeta said...

Rahina - than you very much!

Leslie Saeta said...

Marian - I have been busy ... and unfortunately I threw out my back making all of those costumes for the play. Ugh! That would be so sweet if you make it over to VIVA. I can't wait to see the show.

Jala Pfaff said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! It's such an awesome painting.
Did you know that "verdugo" in Spanish means "executioner" (as in, the guy who chops your head off)?!

Edward Burton said...

Congratulations, Leslie! It is a wonderful painting.

Victor Bauer said...

This is so very well deserved. Congratulations, Leslie!

Sandra Galda said...

Congrads! This is so elegant...maybe partly due to the subtle green variations in the painting? Actually, everything about this gorgeous painting is just soooo perfect!

Denise Rose said...

Wow! This is also so beautiful! I am very attracted to the colors in your palette. Thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails