The Everyday Life of a Working Artist

Pages

Attention! My blog is moving to my website in early January 2016. If you are receiving daily emails about this blog you will continue to receive them after the switch. Until then, you might want to head on over to my new blog here!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Greener Version

Pin It
Boats on a Green Day, Oil, 8" x 10"
This painting is for sale.
This is another one of those paintings that I originally did in "blues" but later on tried to change the look and feel by getting rid of all of the blue! I think it worked. I was very cautious and afraid of getting a scary, mossy green water ... so I am curious as to what you think!

7 comments:

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Your work is amazing Leslie!
The way you handle the palette knife looks soft like a brush.The result just beautiful in green or blue.

Christine's Arts said...

The reflection in the water is great! Amazing work as always.

Kim VanDerHoek said...

I think the green works and it reads as water because of the reflections. The color is very pleasing next to the yellows in the boats. This looks like a fun and successful experiment!

Since I was out of town for a week I missed a lot of your posts. The people with the umbrella and the painting in Laguna are lovely! Were you in Laguna or did you paint it from photo reference? Our weather this week has been amazing and I imagine Laguna has been an absolute paradise.

Leslie Saeta said...

Irit - You are so kind. Thanks and I appreciate the fact that you like it in both green and blue!

Leslie Saeta said...

Christine,
Thanks. I love painting reflections. My favorite this to paint, by far!

Leslie Saeta said...

Kim,
I hope you had a great time while you were out. Unfortunately I did not make it down to Laguna Beach. I have a ton of photos from workshops I have taken down there so the photos were my inspiration! The weather has been amazing and I do need to get out but currently my schedule won't allow it. Welcome back!

Edward Burton said...

It's a very beautiful painting, Leslie - I think the green works really well. Great composition too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails